Hashrocket is hiring experienced Ruby on Rails developers to work on–site at our locations in Jacksonville Beach, FL and Chicago. We look for a certain set of qualities in our development staff since we interact directly with non–technical clients and keep a very rapid development pace. We practice pair programming all the time, keep our project teams small (2–6), and focus on constantly delivering value to our clients through daily standups, rapid deployment, and an agile mindset. We have a highly collaborative environment with no cubicles and no management hierarchy—just a focus on delivering the best products possible for our clients.
If this sounds like you, we definitely want to chat.
- You are humble, approachable, and teachable
- You know that being confident doesn’t mean knowing all the answers
- You are able to give constructive criticism about the work of others and can receive it about yours
- You strive to be an expert with your toolset
- You tinker, hack and love to be challenged, in and out of your day job
- You enjoy regularly tackling new projects and systems
- You write tests to drive your design, not catch bugs
- You can transform technical concepts into something non–technical people will understand
We take care of our own and offer great benefits to all our employees.
- Salary based on experience
- 20 days of paid time off plus holidays and your birthday
- All expenses paid when you speak at an event
- Annual budget for conference attendance
- Company paid family healthcare premiums
- Full 401k matching with no vesting period
- Relocation expenses
- Sustainable pace: 35 hours billable client work and 5 hours of open source contributions per week